Snow Joe iON21SB-PRO snow blower
Do you remember the single stage snow blower running on batteries, manufactured by Snow Joe? Well, this is the iON’s big brother, the iON-Pro electric unit that provides more power with an rechargeable, interchangeable battery and the manufacturer claims that you will be able to complete large tasks with one charge without disturbing your neighbors.
Now let’s review the features of the Snow Joe iON21SB-PRO:
Snow Joe iON21SB-PRO main technical features
Snow Joe is well-known for its cordless electric snow blowers. This model is powered by a Lithium Ion Battery at 5.0 Apm Hours and 40 volts, and can last for about 3.5 hours.
The 600-Watt OEM branded brushless engine has a plowing capacity of 660 pounds per minute, and can reach toss the snow to a distance of up to 20 feet depending on the density and humidity of the snow. The chute rotating turning radius of 180-degree supports an even distribution of the snow.
You can stay out in the cold with this snow blower for around 65 minutes. Start it with a button push and then you can tackle flat terrain for about an hour. This model features 1 forward speed and no revers speed, and the pitch control is manual.
Design of Snow Joe iON21SB-PRO snow blower
You must assemble the machine when taking it out of the box. The package also contains:
- The battery
- The charger
- A safety key
- The handle / deflector knobs
- Square J and carriage bolts
- Rubber washers
- A user manual with the registration card
The assembly process is relatively simple so you should have the machine ready to use in less than 30 minutes.
The Snow Joe iON21SB-PRO measures 47.2-inch in depth, 38.6-inch in height and 23.4-inch in width. The auger diameter of 21-inch allows to clear a path of 21-inch in width and 8-inch in depth.
This model is made of plastic (body and chute) and steel (the auger) and weighs 36.8 pounds and sits on a pair of tires measuring 6-inch height and 1.5-inch width.
It features an steel auger and two heavy-duty rubber blades and has a 8-inch intake height. It’s designed for fluffy snow and features a lowered scraper bar that wipes snow off the ground without damaging the surface.
As we mentioned earlier in this review, it features an electric start and an adjustable auto-rotate chute. The adjustable handles will make you feel comfortably while you use it and here’s where the switches for the LED lights, the chute, the bar lever and the safety switch button are located.
What customers say about Snow Joe iON21SB-PRO
Some customers had concerns about its efficiency and also suggested that it should have a spare battery.
Moreover, it seems to have some problems with wet snow as it clogs the chute, discharge unevenly or require more than one pass and also requires a lot of time to be cleaned, so the battery can be consumed before getting the job done.
Thus, despite our readers appreciate the Snow Joe iON21SB-PRO for how it looks, feels and moves, it can have some difficulties when the weather conditions aren’t like the ones it was designed for, so we recommend you to have a backup battery when you have to clean areas in such conditions.
However, it comes out to be one of the best products in this line. It brings more power and autonomy, and despite users reported it works great on under 8-inch snow, most of the negative reviews complained about when the unit is used to clear areas with heavy snow.
Pros & cons of using this snow blower
- Easy to use – thanks to the lightweight design and the battery powered, cordless functioning;
- Suitable for large walkways and driveways – due to the 21-inch wide clearing path;
- Versatile – the Li-Ion battery is rechargeable and compatible with any iON tool, hence also interchangeable;
- Comfortable – because its light weight, the adjustable handles, and the battery recharges very fast;
- Practical – it makes very little noise and it is equipped with LED headlights, so you can use it in any time,;
- Easy to work with – not just because of the light weight, but also thanks to the push-button start, the lack of gas, oil, pull cords;
- Easy to store and maintain – no need to deal with stabilizers, gas, or anything else when packing it up for the warm season;
- Renowned manufacturer – accessible customer support, no need to worry about warranty or supply parts.
- It won’t handle heavy snow since it wasn’t designed for heavy jobs;
- Depending on weather conditions, it could feel underpowered at times;
- It doesn’t have power-driven wheels, therefore, not everyone appreciates the need to push and pull;
- It takes getting the right information about the maintenance of the battery – completely charge it before the first use, avoid low-discharge cycles, store it in a cool place.
Warranty and support terms
As we mentioned above, the manufacturer offers a 2-year full warranty that applies to the original purchaser and targets defects in workmanship or material. You should note that the warranty goes down to only 90 days for commercial or industrial use, so we recommend you to use it under normal, residential purposes.
The warranty lasts for 90 days for wearing parts and batteries. We recommend you to contact the manufacturer if you have any question.
As you have seen, choosing a snow blower isn’t an easy task. However, the Snow Joe iON21SB-PRO is a very good choice, especially if you are living in areas with light snow. Moreover, Snow Joe has been on the market for several years, delivering top products to satisfy the needs of the customers.
- None Found