The Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP 80 V is the first battery-powered 2-stage snow blower developed for the Winter 2016 season.
Before this model, all electric and cordless snow blowers were one-stage machines, but now that has changed.
- 1 Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP, iON24SB-XR & iON24B-CT
- 2 Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP
- 3 Snow Joe iON24SB-XR
- 4 Snow Joe iON24SB-CT
- 5 Features:
- 6 Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP. First 2-stage battery snow blower
- 7 Integrating the latest technology to create an innovative snow blower
- 8 The stance and design features resemble that of a gas snow blower
- 9 How to Assemble the Snow Joe iON24SB
- 10 Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP main technical features
- 11 The design of Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP snow blower
- 12 Final considerations of Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP
Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP, iON24SB-XR & iON24B-CT
What’s the difference between these 3 models? Let’s find it out:
Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP
- Includes 2x 40V 6.0 Ah batteries – 50 minutes of run-time on full charge.
Snow Joe iON24SB-XR
- Includes 2x 40V 5.0 Ah batteries -40 minutes of run-time on full charge.
Snow Joe iON24SB-CT
- No batteries, no charger. Just the snow blower.
This quiet, eco-friendly, lightweight electric snow blower is easy to maintain and operate, and that’s why it has changed the snow blowing industry.
The only difference between the Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP and the iON24SB-CT is that the first one comes with two 6.0 AH batteries whereas the second one comes with two 40V 5.0Ah batteries that are used in parallel to achieve 80V, and are compatible with all Snow Joe ION tools.
The Snow Joe iON 24SB-XRP is able to run for about 50 minutes, 10 minutes longer than the Snow Joe iON 24SB-XR.
Revolutionary battery-powered two-stage snow blower
Model: Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP
- 80-Volt Max (2 x 40V 6.0 Ah) EcoSharp rechargeable lithium-ion batteries provide up to 50 minutes of running-time.
Model: Snow Joe iON24SB-XR
- 80-Volt Max (2 x 40V 5.0 Ah) EcoSharp rechargeable lithium-ion batteries provide up to 40 minutes of running-time.
- Integrated push-button display: LEDs indicate direction and speed selection.
- Serrated steel auger moves up to 1000 lbs of snow per minute.
- Clears a path 24 in. wide by 13 in. deep.
- 180° adjustable chute throws snow up to 32 feet.
- Dual 0.3 W LED headlights allow you to see at night.
- 2500W brushless motor increases overall efficiency, runs cooler and maximizes battery life.
- TracAssist snow tires for maximum traction in winter-weather conditions
- Bold wheel well LED lighting.
- Reversible skid shoes.
- Load sensing technology to optimize engine performance.
- ETL approved; Full 2-year warranty.
Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP. First 2-stage battery snow blower
Two integrated LED headlights will keep your path lit at night. (Learn more on Amazon)
We will talk about these snow blowers simultaneously since they share a lot of features.
These machines weigh roughly 106 pounds and are 25.7 inches length, 40 inches in depth and 47 inches in height.
They feature an electric engine which is a 2500 W brushless motor with a convenient push-start mechanism for smooth running so both of these snow blowers are self-propelled and feature three speed levels in the forward direction and one additional rate in the reverse direction.
They have a top-notch, serrated steel auger that allows you to tackle snow paths of up to 24 inches in width and 14 inches in height. Both are able to remove up to 1,000 pounds of snow per minute and their adjustable chute can rotate up to 180 degrees can toss snow to a distance of 32 feet.
Integrating the latest technology to create an innovative snow blower
This two-stage power tool Is able to work on paved and graveled surfaces to remove medium-to-dense snow in leveled and sloppy terrains, however. Snow Joe recommends to reduce the usage on graveled surfaces to enhance its lifespan.
The Snow Joe iON24SB-CT and the Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP also share some additional features, designed for an improved user experience such as the dual 0.3W LED headlights for increased visibility.
Their 13-inch TracAssist snow tires provide maximum traction on all surfaces. The recommended pressure for the tires is 20 psi.
The engines feature and electronic technology that estimates the snow volume and density to provide the exact amount of power required for removal- this feature can enhance the lifespan. They also feature reversible skid shoes and an user-friendly control panel with LED lights to indicate the snow blower’s current speed and direction.
They’re in ETL compliance and are built with rust-resistant materials, and come with a two-year warranty. The only downside is the lack of heated handles.
As we mentioned above, the only difference between these two snow blowers is the battery type. The Snow Joe iON24SB-CT uses two 40V Eco Sharp PRO, 5.0 A, iBAT 40XR rechargeable Li-Ion batteries while the Snow Joe iOn24SB-XRP comes with two 40 V 6.0A, iBAT40XRP batteries.
The stance and design features resemble that of a gas snow blower
The iON24SB-XRP can run during 50 minutes while the iON24SB-CT can run for 40 minutes. The recharging time for each 5.0 A battery is between four and four and a half hours while it’s around 4.5 to 5.0 hours for each 6.0A battery.
You should note that the Snow Joe iON24SB-CT DOES NOT include batteries or charger.
Well-laid out controls make it easy to control the auger.
Both models include:
- One battery-powered snow blower with a lower handle.
- One upper handle assembly.
- Two safety keys.
- Four handle knobs plus four bolts.
- One chute crank knob plus one retainer.
- One chute crank plus one cotter pin.
- One discharge chute assembly.
- One chute clean-out tool.
- Two chute U-bolts plus four nuts.
- Two shear bolts plus two extra nuts.
- One wrench.
- One hex key.
- One user’s manual with one registration card.
How to Assemble the Snow Joe iON24SB
Remember that the Snow Joe iON24SB-CT doesn’t come with batteries nor with charger, but you can use iBAT40XR or iBAT40XRP batteries of 5.0A and 6.0A respectively. You can use the iCHRG40 (single-port) and the iCHRG40-DPC (dual-port) chargers.
Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP main technical features
It’s the revolutionary snow blower since it’s the first battery-powered two-stage snow blower in the world, and it’s also self-propelled.
The Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP features a 2500 brushless engine and it’s equipped with 2 Lithium Ion batteries at 6.0 Amp Hours and 40 Volts each, which increases power considerably.
Its manual pitch control allows you to adjust forward speed in 3 levels and reverse speed in 1 level. It can plow 1000 pounds per minute and throw the snow to a maximum distance of 32 feet, and even though it’s cordless, it’s equipped for heavy snow.
All this is possible thanks to the battery pack. As we mentioned earlier in this review, it has a run time of 50 minutes and batteries can be recharged in about 3 hours.
This model can clear a path of 24-inch width and 13-inch depth which is great.
The design of Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP snow blower
This model comes with batteries and a dual-port charger in the package.
It’s easy to assemble and the manual contains all the necessary instructions.
However, this snow blower is bulkier than the other electric units from Snow Joe. It weighs 105.81 lb and measures 47-inch depth, 41-inch height and 25.7 inch width.
So the manufacturer introduced a pair of skid shoes with the 2×13 inch tires that coupled with the adjustable chute, the headlight and the self-propelled mechanism make it easier to handle, but its more attractive feature is the digital display.
The Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP combines three different materials in a bulky format.
Final considerations of Snow Joe iON24SB-XRP
We recommend this two-stage battery-powered model because of its efficiency and attractive design. However, you will have to do some efforts when pushing it around the yard.
- None Found